Chief Financial Officer
Meet Neil Annas
Neil Annas has a long history with the organization which began 1980 and is now the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) at Granite Insurance. In 1990 after working with the agency 10 years, Neil, along with his wife Lou Anne, purchased Granite Insurance from his parents, Floyd and Theresa Annas. Neil says he served as the organization’s interim President/CEO for the 31-year period from 1990 until January of 2021 when he assumed the new role of CFO.
Along with his role at Granite Insurance, Neil has been very active in North Carolina’s insurance community. From 1997 until 2011 he served as a board member of the Independent Insurance Agency of North Carolina (IIANC) and as the organization’s President in 2008-2009. In his role at IIANC, Neil served and led numerous committees and industry groups. Neil served as a member of the Appalachian State University University’s Brantley Risk and Insurance Center Board of Advisors, an industry supported organization which fosters students studying Risk Management and Insurance. In 2013, the NC Commissioner of Insurance selected Neil to chair the Property and Casualty Agents Advisory Committee.
One of Neil’s business partners happens to also be his long-time life partner, his wife, Lou Anne. They have two wonderful children, Lauren and Cameron and they enjoy spending time with their children’s families. When not doting on his 4 grandchildren, you may find Neil doing one of his favorite pastimes, manicuring his lawn and garden or completing some project around the house. Additionally, Neil and his wife enjoy spending time outdoors hiking, sightseeing, or traveling to some new locale.
Fun facts about Neil:
- Neil enjoys music from many genres but none better than Bluegrass and traditional Appalachian music. Neil owns a banjo, and is still looking for time to learn to play.
- For 25 years Neil had the opportunity to serve his community as a volunteer firefighter and then an additional 14 as the board treasurer at Sawmills Volunteer Fire & Rescue.
- In 2016, along with Neil’s entire family, they hiked 28.3 miles in a one day Trailblaze Challenge fundraiser for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Request an Request a Proposal
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right coverage.
Get a Proposal
It only takes a minute to get started.
- Fill out the form, we’ll be in touch.
- Go over your options with an agent.
- Get the coverage you need.